Ever Considered Running for Public Office and Wondered What Was Involved?
Citizens who are interested in running for public office to represent the Republican platform can participate in our Candidates’ School. There are over 200 elected positions in St. Charles County that govern the daily lives in our communities and do not require a legal background (unlike judges). Those positions include city council members, aldermen, school boards, fire, and ambulance district boards. People that hold these positions bring with them a variety of professional experience to serve their communities, a common desire to uphold the values of the Republican party and to make St. Charles County a great place to raise our families and call home.
We’re Here to Help Guide You!
The St. Charles County Republican Central Committee offers a class called Candidates’ School that teaches those interested in running for public office, how to get started. This course is taught by Candidates and Consultants who bring together their successful experience to share. Things covered in this course include:
- How to set up a campaign committee
- Who you can get to advise you or help you manage your campaign
- How to raise funds
- How to choose your issues and get your message to the voters
- What signs, mailers, brochures, and other communications material can help your campaign
- How to keep proper records and file the reports required by Law
- How and where to go door-to-door to meet the voters
- Other successful ways to conduct your political campaign
No Interest in Running for Public Office but Willing to Help Those Who Do?
Great! This Class is For You Too!
John C. Maxwell once said, “It takes teamwork to make the dream work” and that’s where any candidate running for public office needs you and the time and talents you are willing to contribute to support their campaign. This workshop is a great opportunity to learn about the many smaller steps you can take to contribute in big ways to your local community. From an hour a month to several hours each week, there is always something to be done and we can show you how.
Register for Our Candidate’s School and Contribute Your Skills to Our Community!
Our local community wouldn’t be the same without people, just like you, who are interested in taking action today to make tomorrow a better place for our children and grandchildren. Please join us for this one-day event to see how your time available and unique talents could make a big impact in our neighborhoods.
DATE: Saturday – December 1st, 2018
TIME: 9 am – 1:30 pm
LOCATION: Hilton Garden Inn, 2310 Technology Drive, O’Fallon, MO 63366
CONTRIBUTION TO ATTEND: Min $25
Guest Speakers & Topics Include:
- Tom Smith – (Political Consultant) Topics: A) How to Run a Political Campaign in St. Charles County, and B) Rules and Requirements for the Missouri Ethics Commission
- Mike Elam – (Sales Manager with Spectrum/Charter) Topic: Using Cable and the Internet in Running a Campaign
- William “Bill” Eigel – (State Senator, 23rd District) Topic: How to Run a Successful Campaign when you are the Challenger and the “Underdog”
- Julia Eudy – (Web Design and Communications Consultant) Topic: How to Create a Website when Running for Political Office
Candidate’s School Registration
To register, please use the form below to submit your personal information. When you hit “SUBMIT” you will be immediately directed to our Piryx payment portal to make your Contribution via Debit/Credit Card to help cover our expenses for the resources you’ll be provided within this course. Please note, your Confirmation will not be Valid until your contribution has been received.